Subject: [Boost-users] Trying to serialize observer pattern - both subject and observers with pionters
From: Mikael Carlsson (mika_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-07 12:18:47

Dear list,

I am using the observer pattern in a design and would like to make both
subject and observers serializable. The subject hold a base class pointer to
the observes and the observers holds a base class pointer to the subject.

If I have understood the library correct I must register the class for base
class pointers in order to serialize the class pointer. This means that I
must include the concrete subject in the concrete observers and vice versa.
The means that I will run into circular dependencies. I guess that I am
missing something here, the observer pattern must be frequently used and be
serialized.

Have anyone used the observer pattern and managed to serialize both
observers and subject with pointers included.

  / Mikael