Subject: [Boost-users] [Test] catch_system_errors default value ...
From: Georg Sauthoff (g_sauthoff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-08 08:15:40

Hi,

the default of 'catch_system_errors = yes' when using the boost
unit testing framework is a bit problematic.

Apparently, it installs a signal handler for SIGCHILD. I didn't notice
this under Linux. But under Solaris I've got an interrupted waitpid
system call in one test case[1]. Well, and the trace looks really funny,
if waitpid is interrupted by ... SIGCHILD! (the testcase basically does
a fork/exec/waitpid)

Thus, the default of this parameter is at least a bit counter-intuitive.
Perhaps, you[2] consider to change this default in the future.

Best regards
Georg Sauthoff

[1] I assume, that utf does this on Linux in such a way, that waitpid is
automatically resumed

[2] I mean the utf maintainer, using gmane, I am not able to CC ...