Subject: Re: [Boost-users] serialization::make_nvp parameters
From: Hammond, John (UK New Malden) (John.Hammond2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-09 08:30:48

> The space may be a problem. Boost.Serialization sticks the name
directly into the XML, and <x:1 y:2></x:1 y:2>
is bad.

It appears that this was indeed the problem - a rookie mistake. By
removing any spaces I am able to drop name.c_str() straight in to
::make_nvp() with no problems.

To provide further context, the reason I want to assign the tags
dynamically is because I am using the Serialization library in a simpler
fashion than that for which it was designed. I only wish to provide a
means of outputting the state of a window and I have no desire to export
in a format that can be reliably read back in to the same system.

Thanks for all your help,

John