Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [thread] multiple producers, single consumer - bosst-specific and generic questions
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 15:39:24

hello julien,

> Thanks for all the help I already got. And excuse my poor understanding of
> of multithreading.
> I would like to implement a "multiple producer single consumer" pattern.
> My current solution is working with signals, which, I think is not very
> efficient. And also it doesn't work properly with the code I have, (see end of
> this mail). But besides that problem I have a generic question.

you can check out my proposed boost.lockfree library, which contains a
multi-writer/multi-reader fifo queue.

you can get the sources from my git repository at [1] and the docs at
[2] ...

best, tim

[1] git://tim.klingt.org/boost_lockfree.git
[2] http://tim.klingt.org/boost_lockfree/

--
tim_at_[hidden]
http://tim.klingt.org