Subject: [Boost-users] [units] meta_multiply units?
From: Rupert Mazzucco (mazzucco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 09:51:50

Hello,

I cannot seem to figure out how to make a composite unit
out of two existing units from the same system. For example,
say I have a functor F which takes an argument of type

F::arg_type = quantity<time>

and returns a value of type

F::ret_type = quantity<velocity>

Now I want to write an integration function, which should
return the correct type, something like

  template<class F>
  F::ret_type*F::arg_type // only conceptually
  integrate(F& f, typename F::arg_type a, typename F::arg_type b);

so instantiating this with the above functor should produce a
return type quantity<time*velocity==length>. How can I combine
F::arg_type and F::ret_type to produce the correct return type
for the function template?

Thank you,
Rupert

--
Rupert Mazzucco         <mazzucco_at_[hidden]>
Research Scholar, Evolution and Ecology Program