Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] how to serialize boost::function
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-15 12:06:43

> It looks like the problem has no solution in general. If you know what are all possible target types for your function objects, and if all target types define op==, then you can pull it off by basically searching for all possibilities when you write and recording an ID of some sort.

In my case these are various functions of the object itself (just like
in my example): when it's loaded, it should invoke them in some order
with some params. So, if I understand correctly, since I can't
bind()-and-serialize all the stuff together, the only solution is to
make separate function object for every function, initialize it with
the params, and serialise it.