Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Date Time] Redundant warnings with w4 on MSVC
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-16 03:37:15

Василий Старостин wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I try to compile my program by MSVC 9 using w4 option (maximum
> warnings), I got several warnings in this library headers. It
> prevents me from using w4 :(.
>
> How can I use Boost Date-Time library with MSVC w4 option and don't get lots of warnings?

Hi,

IMHO, the least thing to do is post a minimal but compiling c++ sample
which shows all the warnings. In addition, you should name the version
of boost you are using.

Even better:
You look at the offending library code and if you're convinced that all
those warnings are justified, you should file a bug.

Even better still:
You look at the offending library code and try to figure out a valid
solution which gets rid of the warnings. If you're convinced you have
found such a solution, file a patch.

The latter two options might not make much sense unless you're using the
latest version of boost, of course.

Regards,

Roland