Subject: [Boost-users] [test] How to mix both automated and manual test case registration
From: Oleg V. Zhylin (ovz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-22 10:37:03

Hi All,

   Section "Test organization or the house that Jack built" of Boost.Test documentation (http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/libs/test/doc/html/utf/user-guide/test-organization.html) says

The single test module may mix both automated and manual test case registration. In other words, within the same test module you can have both test cases implemented remotely and registered manually in the test module initialization function and test cases that are registered automatically at implementation point.

   I would like to do exactly that but I couldn't find any example of how to do this. Usually test initialization happens in init_unit_test_suite but if I use BOOST_TEST_MODULE this one is generated for me automatically and as I understand is in charge of automated tests registration. If I can't define my own init_unit_test_suite what is the proper place to register test cases manually while keeping automated registration logics in place?

 WBR Oleg V. Zhylin ovz_at_[hidden]