Subject: Re: [Boost-users] compatibility of boost 1.39
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-02 02:23:49

manish4gupta wrote:
> I have updated my compiler to 4.1.2
> g++ -v
> Using built-in specs.
> Target: ia64-unknown-linux-gnu
> Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 4.1.2
> still i am using boost 1.39
> Following program is getting compiled now but when i run it is is getting
> hang.

It also runs fine on my machine (64bit).

I would assume library incompatibilities after the compiler update.
Personally, I would run a debugger to see where it hangs. Take a closer
look at the respective library.

Maybe it is just a question of LD_LIBRARY_PATH, maybe you'll have to
recompile a library with the new compiler (but beware, other programs
might depend on the old version!). I guess, you'll have to figure out
that one by yourself.

Since such problems are sometimes very hard to solve, I tend to
recompile all dependencies (or in your case update to a system which
provides the compiler I need).

Regards,

Roland