Subject: [Boost-users] Stripped down "runtime" version of boost
From: Paul Moore (p.f.moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-07 12:01:20

At the moment, I'm using boost by simply unpacking the archive (I've
only needed the header-only libraries thus far). But it's a fairly
large archive, full of things that aren't actually needed to simply
*use* the libraries.

Is there a means of creating a subset of the boost distribution with
*just* the headers (and libraries, ultimately) needed to compile
programs using boost? I'm guessing that all I'd need is the boost
subdirectory (with the headers) plus whatever parts of the lib
directory are created as part of the boost.build process.

Is that right? Are there any more explicit instructions anywhere?

Thanks,
Paul.