Subject: Re: [Boost-users] graphlib changes in 1.40
From: Ralph Gauges (ralphgauges_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-08 15:19:29

Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
> By the way, origin and extent were actually completely unused
> parameters in many cases, and are now in the topology for the places
> where they're needed. These changes are in r56654. Could you please
> try that version out?
>
> -- Jeremiah Willcock

Setting the origin and the extent to the center of the topology did not
make any difference.
I also tried r56654 and I noticed that the origin and extent parameters
to fruchterman reingold have been removed again.
After changing the call, I could compile it against the revision 56654,
but the result was the same as for boost 1.40 release. All my nodes we
placed at almost exactly the same spot.
Compiling the same code (just using the old calls to random layout and
fruchterman) against boost 1.35 which is the version on my linux box
gives me nicely distributed nodes at the edge of the box/topology.

Sorry, either I am doing something horribly stupid, or there might be a
bug in the reingold algo.

Is there anything else, I could do to help locate the problem?

Thanks for your help

Ralph