Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Not able to use multiple cores with boost::asio::ssl
From: Oliver Seiler (oseiler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-09 11:15:18

I wouldn't expect that the number of cores would affect the number of
concurrent SSL sockets you are able to accept and handshake; this
would seem to be a function of the I/O subsystem of the machine and OS
(as seems to be demonstrated by the relatively low CPU usage). OpenSSL
itself may be part of the problem.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Ramashish Baranwal
<ramashish.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application where I am planning to use boost::asio's ssl
> streams. There are two parts of the app, the initial connection
> establishment and ssl handshake is done by boost::asio::ssl and the
> connection is then transferred to the core application which does the
> the rest. I have written a prototype using multiple threads and
> io_services similar to io_service_pool example.

When you say that "the connection is then transferred to the core
application", are you saying it is no longer being handled via asio?