Subject: [Boost-users] multi_index_container assertion after crash
From: Eli Zakashansky (Eli.Zakashansky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-12 08:06:16

Hi,

I have an application which uses a persistent multi_index_container (I am using bip::managed_mapped_file && after openning the file I do "container = mappedFile->find_or_construct(...)"). I have an interesting behavior when my process crashes/stopped during massive use of the multi_index_container after the process restarts I don't experience any problems reading or inserting new elements to the container but if I try to erase elements or call mutli_index_container::clear (Debug mode only BOOST_MULTI_INDEX_ENABLE_SAFE_MODE is defined) an assertion pops up (safe_mode::Check_same_owner / safe_mode::Check_valid_iterator).

At first I thought that this kind of assertion fails due to concurrency issue, but it is not the case (I verified that this data structure is not accessed from more than one thread at a time, during this time the container is locked). Does anyone has any idea what can cause this situation? Or has a resolution ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Eli.