Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Using custom planar embedding
From: Aaron Windsor (aaron.windsor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-18 13:28:13

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Vicente Helano
<vicente.helano_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
>  Sorry for the absence of data. :)
>  If I comment out the line:
>
>    boost::planar_face_traversal(g, &planar_embedding[0], vis);
>
>  the code compiles and runs smoothly. Otherwise, I get the following
> error messages:

<snip>

>    /home/helano/Desktop/temp/extrpg.cpp:79:   instantiated from here
>    /usr/include/boost/graph/detail/adjacency_list.hpp:2644: error: no
> matching function for call to ‘get_property_value(const
> boost::no_property&, boost::edge_index_t)’

The error messages are telling you that the planar_face_traversal
needs an edge index map defined. The edge index map won't be
automatically initialized like your vertex index map is, so you'll
have to actually iterate through the edges and give them index values
manually. The example at
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/libs/graph/example/planar_face_traversal.cpp
shows how to do this (code block with the comment "Initialize the
interior edge index").

Regards,
Aaron