Subject: [Boost-users] Signal handler for Unix platforms
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-18 17:44:43

Here's another Boost.Asio extension:
http://www.highscore.de/boost/signal_handler.zip

It provides a new I/O object to handle Unix signals. It supports blocking
and asynchronous I/O operations. Again this I/O object can be used like
any other I/O object from Boost.Asio. The ZIP file also contains test
cases (which can be used as a documentation). There are altogether only
four methods though (add_signal, remove_signal, wait and async_wait).

There was another signal handler proposed before (see
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2879). I've uploaded my signal
handler to the Boost Trac, too. The main difference is that this new
signal handler is based on the Boost.Asio design guidelines (separation of
I/O object, service and implementation). As far as I see the signal
handler proposed before doesn't support blocking operations either.

Boris