Subject: [Boost-users] [rfc] a library for gesture recognition, speech recognition, and synthesis
From: Stjepan Rajko (stjepan.rajko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-21 16:37:32

Hello,

For the past few years I've been working on the AME Patterns library - a
generic library for modeling, recognition and synthesis of sequential
patterns. So far it's been applied mostly to gesture recognition (e.g.,
recognition of mouse gestures, full body gestures from video or motion
capture data, accelerometer gestures), but recently it has also shown some
good results on speech datasets. It can also be used to synthesize the same
kinds of patterns it can recognize (e.g., you could use it to synthesize a
gesture or speech, or purely numerical patterns). The library provides
support for hidden Markov models and other related models. The design is
concept-based, and the library uses the Boost Graph Library, Boost.Range
(including the RangeEx extension), Boost.Fusion, Boost.Math, Boost.Random,
and other boost libraries.

The documentation for the library is available here:
http://ame4.hc.asu.edu/amelia/patterns/

However, the documentation is lacking, so I'm curious to know which parts of
the functionality (if any) are of interest to the boost community, so I know
what parts of the documentation to focus on. I am also considering
proposing a presentation of this library to BoostCon.

The library is currently released under the GPL, which I realize is not
acceptable to some.

Please let me know your thoughts. If anyone is interested in using this
library, please let me know what you'd like to use it for and I'd be happy
to help you get started.

Kind regards,

Stjepan