Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost.thread query
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-23 13:15:29

AMDG

Sean Farrow wrote:
> I am considering using boost.threadfir a project and was wondering
> whether the function passed to boost.thread has to be of any pargicular
> type i.e void return.

No. The return type is ignored.

> Secondly, if I don't call thread.join, will the thread continue
> executing?

The thread will stop when the thread function returns. join simply
causes the caller to block until the thread finishes.

> I'm terminating the thread with a windows event. Finally, is
> there a terminate function?

There is an interrupt function which causes an exception
to be thrown in the thread the next time it reaches an interruption point.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe