Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Information about create_only and open_or_create
From: Christoph Gysin (christoph.gysin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-26 13:58:09

> But i am getting the following defintion for the function.

Sorry, I wasn't reading your post correctly. I was referring to
open_shared_object.

For me, the following stripped down example throws already:

#include <boost/interprocess/managed_shared_memory.hpp>
using namespace boost::interprocess;
int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
  managed_shared_memory segment(open_or_create, "MySharedMemory", 999999999);
}

$ ./a.out
'boost::interprocess::interprocess_exception'
  what():
Aborted

This is due to an illegal size for the shared memory area on my
plattform (linux):

$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
33554432

Shouldn't the exception report "invalid argument" if size > SHMMAX?

manish4gupta, what system are you running the example on?

Chris

--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org_at_fr33z3