Subject: Re: [Boost-users] asynch_write fails when used to write long data
From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-29 13:32:06

> I am getting error when server writes to client using asynch_write and data is large with size greater than a particular value.
> ... outbound_data when of length 131813. I get error with error_code - val = 14 (Bad Address)

I believe that error 14 / bad address means you're pointing to bad memory address - are you sure the memory is good? Are you using shared_ptr to manage the buffer lifetime? (It's hard to manage the memory lifetime otherwise.)

The bigger size triggering the error may only mean that the bug doesn't show up until a certain threshold is reached.

Cliff