Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compile warnings
From: Diederick C. Niehorster (dcnieho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-29 20:30:49

To expand this question,

In general, what is the stance boost libraries should take regarding
CRT warnings in VS? E.g. Program_options gets me a warning too, and I
too run into a warning with spirit (karma in this case) that I happen
to can't find right now.

Should the package mantainer add some VS specific pragma's to switch
them off at the locations that generate warnings, or is that for the
user to do?

for temporaily shutting off specific warnings:
#pragma warning(push)
#pragma warning(disable:4996)
// stuff that generates warning
#pragma warning(pop)

Best Dee

---
my warning:
c:\dat\c\projects\dependency\boost\boost\algorithm\string\detail\classification.hpp(102)
: warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may
be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed
values are correct. To disable this warning, use
-D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++
'Checked Iterators'