Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::pool
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-02 13:16:09

Am Monday 02 November 2009 15:15:00 schrieb Hansjoerg:
> Hello,
>
> In my application I have a lot of small objects. For that I thought that
> it is the best to use an object pool..I have read the docu of
> object_pool...but I don't understand really how I have to use it..

I'd consider using another library, or allocate your objects in bulk yourself
and, e.g. store the unused objects in a boost::intrusive::slist until they're
needed.
boost::object_pool has some major problems, e.g. linear complexity of free().
the library is a decade old and I don't think it would be accepted if it was
reviewed as it is today.