Subject: Re: [Boost-users] ENH RQST: chdir in boost::filesystem
From: John B. Turpish (jbturp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-03 15:30:46

I'm pretty sure what you're asking is impossible using standard Java -
doing it requires kicking off a new VM or fiddling with the internals
of... System was it? I don't recall, but I saw code online for doing
this and not only was it non-standard, it was UGLY. Involved setting a
reference to null to force it to reevaluate something.

Point being, I'm not sure why this would make Java look attractive. On
the other hand, though, I have yet to run into a situation where I'd
need such a thing to happen - if I have a path relative to a directory
other than the working directory prefixing it is usually enough.

In any case, it's nice to hear Boost can do this for us.

<SNIP>