Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] Receiving data larger than buffer.
From: Sajjan Kalle (sairony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-11 08:24:44

Hi, I have a few questions regarding asio, and the network sockets in
particular. I'm using TCP sockets to transfer data across a network.
The problem I have is when data that is larger than the receive
buffer. In this case num bytes reported == receive buffer size,
however, is there a way to distinguish the case when I receive exactly
buffer size amounts of data, and when the case when there's more left
to complete the transfer?

How does asio handle transfer of really large buffers? Will it
dispatch it client side in receive buffer sized chunks as it enters,
or will it wait for the entire payload to enter some internal buffer
before dispatching?