Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Linker not pulling in boost_system properly
From: Jason Sewall (jasonsewall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-20 15:07:50

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I assume there's /home/sewall/src/boost-1.41.0/lib/libboost_system.so.1.41.0 ?

Yes, indeed.

> If so, did you try specifying -rpath-link, as the above suggests? In theory,
> -L only affects search for libraries specified with -l. However, if such a library
> refers to another one, the linker will try to find that library to check that
> there are no unresolved symbols. The -rpath-link option to the linker specifies
> where to search.

If I add -rpath-link, it does indeed work. However, what I don't
understand is why the -R flag that is in the dependency_libs in
libhwm_net.la does not appear in the command line above. Libtool
appears to be stripping it out, and I can't figure out why. I probably
should ask over on their list.

Thanks for the help!