Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] GGL review starts today, November 5th
From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-21 13:30:17

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Michael Fawcett
<michael.fawcett_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Jose <jmalv04_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I can't understand how that applies to what I said, sorry. I didn't
> come up with the idea of what the library should be, the library
> authors did. I believe it's up to the reviewers to determine if the
> implementation matches the author's intended scope (among many other
> things).

The author's intended scope has to match Boost goals to merit a
review. In practice, this is not always the case. These issues have
been discussed in the Boost list. The thread is
Updating the Boost Review Process - Was Polygon(GTL) vs GGL - rationale.

Boost doesn't aim for libraries in a very specific application domain,
as stated in the home page.