Subject: Re: [Boost-users] handling unicode strings / encodings?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 11:34:43

Maróy Ákos wrote:
> Robert,
>
>> The xml_warchive of the serialization library uses this codecvt
>> facet.
>>
>> It's very easy to use for the purpose you describe.
>
> I looked at the code, and it really seems easy - but I have mixed
> results. Most probably this is due to my lack of understanding on how
> to use codecvt<>

I suspect this could be the source of the problem. I don't remember the
details, but I do remember that using the codecvt facets as intended
turned out to be a lot more intricate that it first appears. I had to
pour over the appendices of Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming
Language". Also there is a book by Langer which addresses this
in detail. So I guess I would have to amend my previous statement
"really easy" to "really easy - once you figure it out"

Robert Ramey