Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Query regarding compiling BOOST parallel graph library
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 11:53:42

praga wrote:

> The MPI program works correctly after setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> I still have problems with parallel_graph library compilation.
> Any suggestions ?
>
> [pragatheeswaran_at_prairiefire test]$ mpic++ -I ~/bin/boostpath/include
> adjlist_build_test.cpp -L ~/bin/boostpath/lib/ -lboost_mpi
> -lboost_serialization
> /tmp/ccNyFVXh.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int,
> int)':
> adjlist_build_test.cpp:(.text+0xa22): undefined reference to
> `boost::system::get_system_category()'

You need to add -lboost_system to the end of your compile command. FWIW,
the following might be of general help when dealing with linker
errors:

        http://vladimir_prus.blogspot.com/2009/06/linking-101.html

> adjlist_build_test.cpp:(.text+0x2076): undefined reference to
> `boost::graph::distributed::communicator(boost::graph::distributed::mpi_process_group
> const&)'

Hopefully, given the above suggestions and the URL, you will be able to figure
what do do about this linker error, too.

- Volodya