Subject: Re: [Boost-users] finite state machine performance info
From: mike marchywka (marchywka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 13:29:21

Also note that a lot of performance on ia32 can depend on cache
thrashing. You want to maintain memory locality otherwise you may get
confusing results. If you are using the wall clock for timing, keep an
eye on your disk light to as VM is not impossible without some care
but the cache may not be as appreciated.
This means parameter and data changes that cause flow or "small"
buffer size changes can make important differences in speed unrelated
to raw instruction or access count etc.

On 11/26/09, Eric J. Holtman <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Conoscenza Silente wrote:
>>
>> I hope to not have offended anyone with this small test / evaluation.
>
> I'm not offended, just genuinely curious.
>
> I'll admit it's possible to have an app that
> does spend a ton of time transitioning. I'm
> just not sure that's the case here.

marchywka_at_[hidden]
Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
415-264-8477 (w)<- use this
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka_at_[hidden]
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: hotmail is censoring incoming mail using random criteria beyond
my control and often hangs my browser
but all my subscriptions are here..., try also marchywka_at_[hidden]