Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost serialization] Build SQL database from data in web pages
From: mike marchywka (marchywka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-27 09:17:14

On 11/27/09, Boost lzw <boostlzw_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am wondering if I can use boost, boost serialization in particular, to
> build a SQL database from data in web pages. For example, I want to build a
> SQL database based on data from web page link such as this one:
> http://tubic.tju.edu.cn/deg/information.php?ac=DEG10010001
>
> Since the data would be collected from thousands of such link, I want to
> write code for doing it automatically. Can anyone suggest how to do it with
> boost?

Well, I'm not sure what you have in mind but if we discuss some things maybe
the boose people will have more specific thoughts. You may want to parse the
html into some kind of tree etc. If you have bio data as that page seems
to contain, I would suggest going to a curated source of known quality.
I use this,
http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

--
marchywka_at_[hidden]