Subject: [Boost-users] Boost iostreams bzip2/zlib autolink problem
From: ChristinaGE (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-02 08:02:45

Hello,

I am using the boost iostreams with the bzip2 qnd zlib filters. I
built boost according to the directions here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/libs/iostreams/doc/installation.html

This created the following libraries in the boost/stage/lib directory:

libboost_bzip2-vc90-mt
libboost_bzip2-vc90-mt-1_40
libboost_bzip2-vc90-mt-gd
libboost_bzip2-vc90-mt-gd-1_40
libboost_zlib-vc90-mt
libboost_zlib-vc90-mt-1_40
libboost_zlib-vc90-mt-gd
libboost_zlib-vc90-mt-gd-1_40

now, here is the problem.. on every machien I usually do this on, it
"autolinks" these libraries.. I have just started to build my code on
a new machine, and for some reason it is not autolinking them. So to
get my code to work I have to manually add them to my dependencies
list and also add the directory where they are located.

>From the link above it seems not to autolink of you have the
preprocessor variable BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_LIB defined, but I dont seem
to have that defined anywhere.

Does anyone know why these libraries may not be autolinked?

Thanks!
Christy