Subject: Re: [Boost-users] autolinking problem with iostream bzip2 and zlibfilters -- DLLs needed for some reason? (updated)
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-02 12:11:07

> now, here is the problem.. on every machien I usually do this on, it
> "autolinks" these libraries.. I have just started to build my code on
> a new machine, and for some reason it is not autolinking them. So to
> get my code to work I have to manually add them to my dependencies
> list and also add the directory where they are located.

You always have to add the directory where they are located.

Check that neither BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB nor BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_LIB are defined
in your source that includes the iostream header. You could also try
defining BOOST_LIB_DIAGNOSTIC which will print out which library is being
selected for autolinking.

> Also, I just now noticed that I am required to have the bzip2 and zlib
> DLLs to run my application, when before I never needed them.

There should be settings to disable those somewhere, not sure what they are
though... and you can RTM as well as me ;-;

HTH, John.