Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [spirit] alpha numeric characters
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-05 22:03:21

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Diederick C. Niehorster
<dcnieho_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not being able to answer any of your other wuestions, I can tell you
> that Spirit 2.1, which includes a fully updated an well tested
> spirit.qi has just been release with boost 1.41.
>
> Best,
> Dee
>
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Ovanes Markarian <om_boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Thanks for that answer. But as far as I see it no, Spirit.Qi is not part of
>> boost 1.36?
>> At least docs do not state anything, but I can find includes for Qi. I will
>> give it a try.

Correct, Spirit 2.0 and higher has four parts, Classic (what you are
using), QI (the newer much fixed classic), Karma (does the opposite of
Qi), and Lex (a lexer).

Boost 1.36 is old, and I know Spirit.Classic has bugs back in that old
version that have been fixed later on (even in the latest Boost 1.41
Spirit.Classic still has some more bugs fixed, it is still being kept
up even if Spirit.Qi has fully replaced it in every way). You
*really* need to update.

Spirit2.0 came out in Boost 1.39. Spirit2.1 came out in Boost 1.41.
Spirit2.2 should come out in Boost 1.42 hopefully (it is backwards
compatible still, just has even more functionality, like being able to
define your own auto-type conversions).