Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problem using Boost regex
From: John Emmas (johne53_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-07 11:47:50

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]>

> Now for the good news: Boost.Regex will automatically select the correct
> library variant to link against, you don't need to do anything, and you
> shouldn't explicitly link against any of those libraries. Just make sure
> that the directory containing the libraries is in your library search path
> (under properties->linker->Additional Library Directories).

Wow, how clever!! I removed the explicit linking and added the search path
to both Debug and Release configs (in my case, the path is
'E:\boost_1_40\lib' for all libraries). The Release build still builds and
runs fine. But when I try to launch the Debug build I get a dialog box with

" Unable to start program 'F:\MSVCtest_app\debug\MSVCtest_app.exe'
This application has failed to start because the application configuration
is incorrect. Review the manifest file for possible errors. Reinstalling the
application may fix this problem. "

FWIW I only seem to have these two (boost_regex) DLLs:-

boost_regex-vc80-mt-1_40.dll
     and
boost_regex-vc80-mt-gd-1_40.dll

but my app's manifest file (for the Debug version) specifies
"Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT". Is one of those DLL's a CRT-debug DLL or
am I missing something?

Thanks,

John