Subject: Re: [Boost-users] program_options
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-07 12:49:29

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Larry <lknain_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Actually, I think you can setup through the mostly undocumented style_t
> enumeration for using
> a "/" but it is not automatic as I recall. See  cmdline.hpp for the style_t
> definition. It also took a
> little looking to figure out how to set style_t. I did it once a couple of
> years ago and I forget offhand
> how I did it but could find it if needed.

That is something I do like about the windows format using / instead
of -. I have used a few windows command-line apps that use / to
specify options, - to remove something, and + to add something. Makes
more sense to me over all; would be nice to have program_options
support that style as well.

Example:
someapp /input=file.tst -optimize +abc
Means: the input is file.tst, you disable optimizations, and you
enable automatic bounds checking or whatever...