Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [ASIO] Wrong usage of streambuf ?
From: Axel (axel.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-10 03:48:32

  On 09/12/2009 19:38, Jay Sprenkle wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Axel <axel.boost_at_[hidden]
> <mailto:axel.boost_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>

> When I don't read the data sent by the server, I manage to close
> the socket and repeat the operation (close the socket, and
> reconnect to the server).
> When I read the data, the program seems to block.
>

> I'm new to this too but I'll suggest some things.
>
> Is response_ an iostream?
> If so it might be that the read() operation is trying to read from the
> socket associated with the iostream and not the socket you've
> connected to the server.

response_ is a boost::asio::streambuf variable. I dont really understand
your answer, but there is only one socket_ variable.
I create a socket, connect to the server, send some bytes, read some
bytes, close the socket and repeat the whole process. It blocks at the
second async_read_until() , though I closed the socket and consumed the
streambuf variable.
Examples dont help me, no one try to repeat such a process.
The problem is in the way I handle the streambuf. If I don't read the
result from the streambuf, the behaviour is OK, when I try to read the
streambuf, it fails.