Subject: [Boost-users] My First Boost Program At Work With Visual Studio
From: Dave Schwartz (decebel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-10 22:22:17

Hello Gurus,

First, my 2 lines of appreciation to the community.
I am new to boost library and I must tell, I have been enjoying myself
going through various boost libraries and running sample programs
provided.
Must say all this has been quite straightforward and given me a
headstart and confidence in learning the libraries.
I have been trying the samples on my home PC with Visual Studio 2008
with the libraries provided by boostpro 1.4 installation. No issues.

Yesterday I tried using the serialization library at work and wanted
to serialize a simple class to an XML file and de-serialize it. This
example worked on my home PC (visual studio 2008).
On my work PC that has visual studio 2005, the compilation went fine
but the program ended up generating a library as in
InventoryConfig.lib, instead of the regular InventoryConfig.exe.

Apparently it looks like the output type of the program changed from
.exe to .lib on visual studio 2005 on my work computer.

When I remove the serialization code, the output type goes back to .exe
I copied the same code back to my home pc and with visual studio 2008
I get the correct result and the output type remains an executable as
set initially while creating the project.

Can't seem to figure out what project properties are getting changed
on VS2005 when I use the library.
I am not sure where to look or how to go about fixing this issue.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot
Dece