Subject: [Boost-users] [Serialization] Saving non-const values
From: Patrick Moran (patrick.a.moran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-12 17:22:00

Hello all,

    I noticed in the documentation of Boost.Serialization in 1.41.0
that under the "Rationale" section the link for "Compile time trap
when saving a non-const value" still appears at the top of the page,
but the section it points to is now missing. Is this just an error in
the documentation, or has this restriction been removed in 1.41.0. No
such change is mentioned in the release notes, but I read somewhere a
while ago that they were considering removing the saving-const
restriction.

    In case it helps, the context I'm using this in is using
Boost.Serialization to serialize polymorphic classes and polymorphic
containers from Boost.PointerContainer.

Thanks,
Patrick Moran