Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] How to prevent collision of mapping addresses with DLL Loading on Windows?
From: pheres (ph3res_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-14 10:06:51

Eric J. Holtman wrote:

> How's that supposed to help, if you don't have the source for main?
>
> You really want your DLL to load at 0x30000000. What happens
> if some other vendor also wants that address space? At that point,
> if you're writing a library, and you haven't made yours address
> indifferent, the end user is screwed. He can't use both.
I would like you stated indirectly as well probably never use that kind
of IPC for shrink-wrapped software.
In my project I have all the source and all the control, the end user
can't touch
anything but some gui which starts up if he presses the power button I
deliver to him together with all other hardware.
For me is the performance the critical point which forces me to use
the fixed base address kind of shared memory. And the main problem
is windows with it's (apparent?) non-configurable DLL delay load
relocation address algorithm.

Best Regards
Joerg