Subject: [Boost-users] [phoenix] A simple lambda func as boost::function
From: Richard Vock (vock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-14 18:37:37

Hi boost gurus,

after some time and a lot of pain I somehow managed
to work with boost.lambda in a way that actually
outweighs the costs (code elegance versus time spent
compiling it), but I miss some features (like local
variables) I see in that cute phoenix documentation
and a lot of mailing list threads which all seem
to propose using phoenix rather than lambda (and it
indeed looks a lot better).

But whenever I try to use it, I somehow fail at the
most simple tasks. Take for example this minimalistic
code example here (note the use of #define USE_LAMBDA):
http://pastebin.com/m3f590a01

Both versions (with and without USE_LAMBDA defined) compile
well on the most recent stable g++ compiler, but the
phoenix version does not output anything. Not at all.
Also note, that this exact lambda expression is mentioned
here:
http://tinyurl.com/ybmp2lw
(well, without the << "\n" but that doesn't change the
problem)

Could someone please enlighten me by telling me what I have
to do here? I should mention I am bound to boost::function,
not some funky phoenix::actor derivations...

Greets,
Richard Vock