Subject: [Boost-users] Re. [Boost Graph] newbie - dijkstra & external weightmap
From: Fergal Dalton (fergalish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-15 11:11:41

Thanks again,

> > But I'm talking about edge weights - why would you put in
> > "get(vertex_index,g)" and not "get(edge_index,g)" or similar (I've tried this
> > simple substitution and it doesn't work; so it's obviously more complex than
> > that)?

> OK. I misread that -- you do want edge_index. You will need to provide
> them yourself, though. You must have some mapping from edges to numbers
> already to index the vector; that needs to be turned into a property map.

Exactly, that's the bit I can't understand. How do
I do that? It's not a stupid question, I've been banging my
head against it for 2 weeks but the documentation is full of
examples far more complex than I need and I lose myself in
the syntax (I'm a half-newbie to C++, which is not helping).

> I do not know the exact cause of the operator[] error; you
> removed too much of the error message to tell.

So it's probably due to using "vertex_index" to get edge
weights right? In any case, let's see if it still occurs
when we figure out the right property_map. If so, then I
can paste the entire error (it's very long and, to me,
indecipherable).

Fergal.