Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [containers] defining the insertion point of non-unique keys
From: Olaf Krzikalla (olaf.krzikalla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-18 09:06:45

Hi Joaquin,

> Starting with Boost 1.35, Boost.MultiIndex ordered indices guarantee
> that hinted
> insertion takes place as close as possible to the hint, please take a
> look at
> http://www.boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/release_notes.html#boost_1_35 .
But what means "as close as possible"? Is "before the hint" closer then
"after the hint" by definition? I doubt it. DR233 and the resolution
isn't more clear in that respect too and I'm going to raise the question
in csc++ if I don't find a clarification elsewhere.
boost::intrusive has introduced insert_before (@Ion: the function is
nowhere stated in the release notes for 1.41 but I didn't found it in
1.40), which does exactly what I need. However using boost::intrusive is
somewhat more difficult (even if for a particular reason I know how to
use it ;-)

> But you're right this is not stated in the docs. I'll change that. It'd
> help if you can file
> a ticket for the issue so that I don't forget.
I'll do that.

Best regards
Olaf