Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [GIL] planar view with different bit depth
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-21 12:22:41

Hi Eloi,

I have never tried that and I'm not sure if gil is designed to support
such a functionality. Would be cool if you could define such a pixels
type with a tuple ( mpl::vector4<
uint32_t,double32_t,double16_t,uint8_t> ).

But you might be able to create packed_channel_reference types for
each channel. But first you need to provide a 90bits integer type.

packed_channel_reference< uint90_t, 0, 32, 1 >
packed_channel_reference< uint90_t,32, 32, 1 >
packed_channel_reference< uint90_t,64, 16, 1 >
packed_channel_reference< uint90_t,80, 8, 1 >

Such channels you could combine into a pixel type.

Mhmm, the more I think about it the more I have doubts. Hopefully
Lubomir has better ideas. Such funtionality should be part of gil 3.0?

BTW, would you be interested in creating a exr io extension for gil? I
can help you out.

Regards,
Christian