Subject: [Boost-users] Program executable won't run using boost 1.40
From: Carles Fernandez (thorlak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-22 05:28:17

Hi everyone,

I'm new to boost and I've followed the getting started guide from boost to
set it up into my computer.

The first example<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#build-a-simple-program-using-boost>compiles
and executes correctly. But the second
one<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#link-your-program-to-a-boost-library>
fails
to execute (but it does compile and link correctly).

When I try to execute the program from a command line (like the tutorial
indicates) I get the following error: *The system cannot execute the
specified program.*
*
*
And if i try to execute it directly from Visual Studio it says:
*Unable to start program ...../..../example.exe*
*This application has failed to start because the application configuration
is incorrect. Review the manifest file for possible errors. Reinstalling the
application may fix this problem. For more details, please see the
application event log.*

I am using Visual Studio 2005 and I have downloaded all the VC8.0 (visual
studio 2005) boost 1.40 precompiled libraries using the boostpro installer.

Can someone help me please? I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I don't
know what..