Subject: [Boost-users] Project using Boost.Units compiling slowly
From: Brandon Olivares (programmer2188_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-24 22:08:54

Hi,

I finally figured out how to use Boost.Units. But now it is compiling very
slowly. It compiles in about 30 minutes on my local Windows machine using
Cygwin, and in about 15 minutes on my remote CentOS server. There is very
little code, but I am using a lot of units. Is there any way to speed it up?

I don't know exactly how many units I'm using, because I have several macros
for more easily defining them, but I know that there are many.

Right now it is just a test program for testing out the units, but obviously
I'll be expanding it soon and I'm worried that it is already taking so long
to compile.

Thanks,
Brandon

--
www.creatorspiritus.com
Blog and forum discussing living a Christ-centered life