Subject: [Boost-users] [Iterator] Interest in bzip2 compress/decompress iterators
From: Jason Felice (jason.m.felice_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-28 11:05:33

I've written them for a work project. It would need to be essentially
rewritten for Boost (different coding standards), but I'm willing to
do it if there's interest and it would likely be accepted. It would
depend on bzlib (part of bzip2) being installed.

I noticed there's a gzip iostream, but no gzip iterator. This is a
kind of precedent for the external dependency aspect.

I've also written a class which produces a tar file in a streaming
fashion to an output iterator. File contents are streamed in from
input iterators. I'm not sure if this is useful or where it would go.