Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Wave] Modifying the way function-like macros are interpreted
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-04 15:38:53

fractured_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I am trying to use boost::wave as a preprocessor for LSL, a language
> used in the virtual world Second Life.

<OT -- sorry!>

Coming up soon (don't know date) you'll be able to write Second Life
scripts in C# as well as LSL. SL already uses the Mono engine internally
to execute LSL scripts, so it'll be the Mono implementation of C#.

In increasing order of desirability for writing new scripts:
1. Original LSL
2. Preprocessor-enhanced LSL
3. C#

C# is a much richer language than LSL was ever designed to be. I hope
that will address the syntax issues you wanted to ease with a
preprocessor -- plus a whole lot more functionality than a preprocessor
could hope to give you.

</OT>