Subject: Re: [Boost-users] mpl: generate kind of permutations
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-04 22:46:33

Hicham Mouline wrote:

> I have 2 strictly ordered sequences of dates t1... tn, and td1...tdm, where
> m and n may or may not be different.
> We always have: t1<...<tn and td1<...<tdm.
>
> I am trying to place the (t1...tn) sequence over the (td1...tdm) sequence,
> and generate all these "permutations" ie

<snip examples>

> I hope the description is clear enough even though it is not formal at all.

I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't trying hard enough to understand what you're
trying to build here. I'm left with a hazy impression that you want to
construct a merged sequence of dates, possibly including tag information
identifying the original sequence from which a particular date came.

But my notion of merge processing includes the idea of "consuming" items
from the input sequences. I don't know how I'd attempt to implement that
at compile time. Then again, I'm the wrong person to ask about MPL.

Essentially I'm responding that no, I really didn't understand your
problem statement. Perhaps a clearer restatement would prompt useful
suggestions from others?