Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Reducing the size of .obj file which doesserialization
From: Gokulakannan Somasundaram (gokul007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-05 14:55:42

Hi Robert,
      Thanks for the reply.

a) what compiler/platform are you using.

                MSVC/Windows

> b) 37 MB suggests that you're including the debug symbols. Assuming this
> is correct, how large is it when compiling for release. Does the size
> of the debug version really matter?

                 Yes it is in the debug mode and the size in Debug mode
doesn't matter. In Release mode, it came down to 21MB. When i removed the
BOOST_EXPORT, the size in DEBUG came down to 23MB.

> c) I'm doubtful that BOOST_EXPORT has this large an impact.
> How large was the executable before you exported the derived classes?
>
> Still, i haven't formed the executable with serialization. I will
let you know, within a day or two.

Please let me know, if you need any other details.

Thanks,
Gokul.