Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [bjam][1.41.0] Build with variant=release, debug fails
From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-06 14:51:14

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> By default, the build process creates libraries named in accordance with system conventions,
> e.g. libboost_date_time.a -- and naturally, you cannot produce both debug and release
> libraries named that way. So, either build one variant or use --layout=tagged.
>
> HTH,
> Volodya

It does help, thanks. I decided to build one at a time, and I found
that I have to give each variant a different stagedir name. Otherwise,
they overwrite each other.

BTW, I checked the 1.41.0 Getting Started doc for Linux and found that
it is out of date in this respect. It describes the old naming
convention that appends various suffixes to the library names. I then
jumped via a link to Boost.build documentation. It is also out of date,
not mentioning the limitation on variant, and not mentioning
variant=profile, which has been around at least since 1.35.0.

Again, thanks for the response.

--
Dick Hadsell			203-992-6320  Fax: 203-992-6001
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]