Subject: [Boost-users] Newbie: Compiling Boost 1.28.0 or later for 64-bit Solaris 10
From: Gregory Tyler (greg_tyler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-06 16:09:48

Hi,

I'm new to Boost, and I have not used C++ in years. I have been asked to determine whether Boost 1.28.0 (or a later version, if necessary) can be compiled for 64-bit Solaris 10, and if so, then what precautions must be taken.

I found this page, which seems to suggest that Boost cannot currently be compiled for Solaris 10:

http://groups.google.com/group/boost-list/browse_thread/thread/091716aaf5438ef3

On the other hand, this page seem to suggest that it is possible:

http://shoaibmir.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/building-boost-under-solaris/

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? If it matters, I have a Java/JEE background.

Thanks in advance,

Greg
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390706/direct/01/